Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy 60th Birthday Dad!

 This past weekend 4 of the 6 kids reunited in Utah for a surprise birthday party for my dad!  I'm surprised that we surprised him...good job keeping it a secret everyone!  At any rate we had a great time spending the weekend together, and celebrating him! 

Friday night we surprised him at the Brick Oven and then went to watch the girls soccer game afterwards.  Saturday morning Bess, Everett and I woke up early to do a little hiking.  Somehow I spent 8 years of my life in Provo and never hiked the Y.  I can now check it off the bucket list!

Thanks Bess for taking a turn with little E in the pack, it's harder than it looks!
 That afternoon we headed up to Sundance for some great food and to enjoy the fall colors.  We took the ski lift up, walked around and then took it back down.  Everett may or may not have been crying the whole way down!  Bess also may or may not have pretended that Everett was her child this weekend!

At least they match and make a cute couple!
 The birthday boy with some grandkids!


 The photo op at the top of the mountain!
 Dinner at Brick Oven.
 I also rented a car for the weekend.  What says "young mother with a baby" more than an F150 extended cab?!?  I ordered a full size car, and apparently at Avis they weren't joking about the full-size!  I was happy to turn it back in at the end of the weekend.
Everett and I missed Josh and the girls while we were gone, but we had such a great trip!  It brings me such joy to revisit our stomping grounds and to remember what great memories we had there.  Everett and I were also able to stay at Sean and Megan's house for the weekend.  We appreciate their hospitality and had a great time visiting with them.

The present I made for my dad:

The Inkubook Photobook widget requires Adobe Flash.

Get Latest Flash Player Now

Create your own Photobooks with Inkubook.com!


**We'd also like to give thanks to Mandi and Millie who came to play with Ella and Adele until dad got home from work on Friday. Thank-you!!!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Haha...I love the F150! So funny! Ok a few things, first Everett is so stinking cute, and getting so big! Second, I know I say this all the time, but I really miss you guys. The other day I told Marc I wished we were back in school. I miss being so close. Third and Last you look so thin. You look really good. Hope everything's going well for you guys!

Adrienne said...

Happy Bday Uncle Brad. What a fun celebration.

The first thing I noticed is how awesome you look, Lindsay! Steve just lost his 50th pound so I feel really tuned into how much hard work and dedication that takes.

lesley said...

Where is Lindsay?....You are dwindling to skin and bones.

Work it sister in the gospel.

Elizabeth Wilson said...

I'm sorry I'm not sorry for being obsessed with your kids. Me and big E really hit it off, and now I have all three of your kids wrapped around my finger (or maybe I'm wrapped around theirs) regardless...it's love. Even if it's just one way.