Thursday, February 28, 2008

Our sweet baby....


Almost daily I have students ask me if I know if our baby's going to be a boy or a girl. I literally answer this questions at least 3 times a day. The next question that follows is, "do you know what you're going to name her?" Again, I can't count how many times I've had to say, " yes, we're going to name her Eleanor, but probably call her Ella."

Well yesterday, for the second time, this is the response I got. (Mind you this response, both times came from one of my Senior, Alternative School, Boys.)

Boy: "That's a great name Mrs. Stark."

Me: "Why thank-you, we think so."

Boy: "You're naming her after a sweet, sweet car."

Me: "Exactly." ;)

For those of you that haven't watched Gone In 60 Seconds recently, they're referring to the 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500. It makes me laugh. Regardless, I'm glad they like the name too, even if our baby does remind them of a sweet car.

2 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

hahah - great story! When are you due again? It's coming up here fairly soon, isn't it?

Evan said...

"Not gonna lie" (as Whit says) that is exactly what I thought of as well. I have always had a lot in common with those attending alternative schools. -Evan