Tuesday, March 4, 2008

BYU or BUST ?!?!?!?

I want to start the post by congratulating my husband. I've always known that he was amazing from the second I first laid eyes on him, it's just good to know that BYU also agrees with me.

To catch some of you up to speed....here's the low down. Josh graduated from high school and decided school was not for him ;) 10 years later, with Lindsay now at his side, he decided a higher education was going to be a good thing. For the past 2 and a half years Josh has gone to North Hennepin Community College. We don't know why we're so slow to think of this, but some birdies put the thought in our heads that we should dream even bigger.

Hence, Josh recently (and by recently I mean we just finished applications this past weekend) applied to the University of Minnesota and Brigham Young University. Now mind you, these were dreams and goals Josh never thought he'd have the opportunity of dreaming or setting. With that said, Josh received his acceptance letter, online, from BYU last night! Like I said, he's amazing! We're excited for the opportunity and dilemma this puts us in. To drop everything and head out West, or be a little less crazy/adventerous and continue to pursue education here, not that this is a hard decision or anything. At any rate we'd love to hear you weigh in on your opinions and or thoughts. For now I just wanted to congratulate Josh and say again....you're amazing.....and I love you.


The letter follows:

Dear Joshua:

We are delighted to inform you that you have been admitted to Brigham Young University to begin Fall 2008. Through your preparation and personal achievements you have distinguished yourself from a very strong group of applicants. We believe you will make a positive contribution to the BYU community. It is a great pleasure to welcome you to our campus to pursue your educational goals.

15 comments:

LauraJ said...

WOW! Congrats you guys - that is super exciting! Way to go Josh!

Should you make the trek to Utah? We would miss you severely here, but if it means you could rejoin the Wilson Intramural teams, are we even having a conversation??? :)

I would imagine Lesley and Trevor are putting together a "Welcome to Utah" dinner for you already...and matching BYU diplomas are a very cool thing.

At any rate, congrats again - what an accomplishment!!!

Good luck!

Randall Seeley said...

Like Laura said....WOW! That is very cool! I bet you guys are super happy! Both Utah and Minnesota are excellent places so I don't know what to say! Just flip a coin....J/K :)

-Lisa

allison said...

Hello! Of COURSE you should move to Utah! That would be so fun! Then I might get to actually see your baby too....oh man, Lindsay AND Josh AND baby?! Too much!!! I'm excited already!

Marci said...

HOORAY! The more the merrier out here. Plus our little babes can play together since they will be oh so close in age. :) CONGRATS to Josh!

Evan said...

wow, congrats Josh. In case you were unaware, I am a handy man too. My vote is no more school, lets go start our own business. The entrepreneur spirit is in the blood! -Evan

Ann and Paul Wilson said...

Very cool you two!! Business Week just released its under-graduate business school rankings:
#7 - BYU
#48 - Carlson @ U of Minnesota

BW's comment about Carlson is very enlightening: "easy classes and limited program offerings disappoint." Definitely not the case at BYU so it depends on what you are looking for.

Both options are great and no matter where you go, the time, money, energy, effort, and complications will be immense. But so worth it!

Good luck working it out.
Paul

M said...

JOSH! That is so exciting! Let me take the pressure off and make the decision for you: UTAH. Skiing in above-zero temperatures, a great airport, Park City, summer concerts at Deer Valley, Dave Zabriski lives here, I live here...um, what else. Lesley and Trev live here...I think that pretty much covers it. Let me know when you want me to start house hunting. :) Linds, way to go on supporting your hubby! You two are amazing!

David & Eliza said...

CONGRATS!!!! Way to go Josh (& Lindsay), what exciting news! It's crazy to think you may move, but we all know you'd come back : )

bbond said...

congrats! cousin dinner's would be most awesome!!

Sally said...

This is so totally awesome. Hope you choose to go. Heard about it from my cousin in Oregon. I think you could properly toot your own horn here. Congrats, Josh. Love, Sally and Dale

Michael said...

Josh, what would be better than spending time in the outdoors with Lindsay and Eleanor and spending all your days with me in classrooms? We could even do gym classes like diving or snowboarding or whatever your heart desires.
Come to Utah!

candicetheresa said...

Congratulations! I was going through some old emails and found your blog. How did I miss this but are you having a baby? Where have you disappeared to?!? Please send updates! Have you seen photos of our new baby? I think I emailed them to you. Miss you!

Lesley said...

You can find my opinion on this situation on my blog.

bajork12 said...

Congratulations, Josh! We're so excited for you! My advice would be to not make the decision harder than it needs to be. Is there a Cafe Rio and Dollar Theatre in Minneapolis? You can't beat that combo... even in Albany, OR.

-Steve

Rain in My Head said...

That is awesome!!! Congrats! Can't wait to hear what you all decide. . .